In this tutorial we will walk through the process of upgrading a live, hosted DNN5 site to DNN 7.2.2.
We will cover all the necessary steps such as how to perform a full backup of your site and how to take your site offline during the upgrade process.
We will be running you through how to perform the backup and upgrade on a PowerDNN Shared Hosting account, taking advantage of some of the useful features of Plesk (the hosting control panel).
In case of problems during the upgrade process, we will also walk you through how to restore your website backup.
This video contains:
- How to take your site offline and set up a custom offline message;
- How to prevent your DNN site from upgrading automatically;
- Downloading and unblocking the upgrade zip file;
- Uploading and extracting the DNN upgrade files;
- The DNN7.x upgrade process;
- Testing your site post upgrade;