In this DotNetNuke training series we demonstrate some of the vast capabilities of the Core DNN Reports module.
The reports module is capable of producing virtually any report from your DotNetNuke database (and other data sources), and technically the capabilities are only limited by the SQL knowledge of the report designer.
We will walk you through step by step how to create some simple SQL queries and use simple HTML mark-up to create several useful and interesting reports, from here you will be able to expand on and adapt these reports to your site needs.
We create the following reports:
- A list of all tables and columns within the DotNetNuke Database
- A list of users and their last activity date
- The number of users per security role
- The keywords, description and site map priority of all public pages (with page view and page settings links)
- Number of pages (tabs) created per user with links to a list of pages created by a specific user.
This video contains:
- Adding an ‘allowed url parameter’ to ‘content by specific user’ report
- Inserting the variable url parameter into the report query
- Testing the report by adding the url parameter into the address bar
- Creating an HTML template visualizer for the ‘content by user’ report
- How to create a table layout
- Adding the ‘pages’ and ‘name’ tokens into the table
- Creating the link to the secondary report
- How to send the UserID url parameter to the secondary report
- Applying the template
- Testing the report