In this DotNetNuke training series we demonstrate some of the vast capabilities of the Core DNN Reports module.
The reports module is capable of producing virtually any report from your DotNetNuke database (and other data sources), and technically the capabilities are only limited by the SQL knowledge of the report designer.
We will walk you through step by step how to create some simple SQL queries and use simple HTML mark-up to create several useful and interesting reports, from here you will be able to expand on and adapt these reports to your site needs.
We create the following reports:
- A list of all tables and columns within the DotNetNuke Database
- A list of users and their last activity date
- The number of users per security role
- The keywords, description and site map priority of all public pages (with page view and page settings links)
- Number of pages (tabs) created per user with links to a list of pages created by a specific user.
This video contains:
- Create a user reports page
- About the DotNetNuke database table prefix
- Locating table and column names from your database schema
- How to create the SQL to ‘SELECT’ the needed tables and columns
- How to prepend column names with table names
- Instructing the database as to which main table to use
- How to join two tables together
- How to order results using ‘ORDER BY’
- Testing the query