Building High-Performance modules in DNN6 with C# 4.0, LINQ2Entities, and Visual Studio 2010
In this DotNetNuke training series we show you how to build High-Performance modules in DotNetNuke6 with .NET 4, LINQ2Entities, and Visual Studio 2010.
We will be covering the entire process from start to finish, including how to setup Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, connecting to the DotNetNuke database, implementing the module, how to design your module for future development and creating controller classes.
After completing the module, we show you how to take advantage of DotNetNukes caching features to vastly improve module performance and then we cover Visual Studio debugging techniques.
Finally we show you how to package your module for distribution.
You will require the following software to complete this tutorial:
- An installation of DotNetNuke 6.x
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- .NET 4.0
This video contains:
- Creating a literal control to display information from the database
- Creating an empty page load function
- Creating the code to pull information from the database
- How to give a module control over its pop up menu
- Adding the 'Edit Content' link
- Creating the edit control HTML
- Instructing the module to use the pre determined DNN text editor
- Creating the save and cancel buttons
- How to create a DNN resource file for module localisation
- Creating the edit control code
- The edit page load code
- The edit page save code