In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the core DotNetNuke forum module.
The forum module allows users to have conversations in the form of posted messages. Each forum post is called a thread and includes a subject title and content.
The DotNetNuke core forum module has many configuration possibilities, these include setting up the forum so only certain users with security roles can view or post messages as well as require posted messages to be moderated.
Other options include quoting existing posts, allowing attachments, pinning and locking posts, emailing replies and managing user settings such as rankings, avatars, word filters and creating polls.
This module should cover most of your requirements for a forum in your DotNetNuke website.
This video contains:
- Standard user forum settings
- Email format, threads and posts per page, notify on reply, moderator emails
- User Profile
- How to upload a photo for the forum user profile
- How to create a user signature
- User 'My Posts', 'My Threads'
- How to create a private forum for subscribers only
- Creating a forum subscriber and forum moderator security role
- Creating a new private forum
- How to set view access for security roles using the forum permissions grid
- Load permissions of forum
- How to create a public forum with moderation