In this tutorial we demonstrate how to reduce your DotNetNuke site load time and show you how to take advantage of the services offered by keepaliveforever.com
One of the most common complaints from Webmasters who use DotNetNuke and various other ASP.NET Applications is the long initial load time after a period of inactivity.
In order to keep your site constantly running, there are two easy ways around this: either run a keepalive service on your local computer, or, use a cloud-based KeepAlive service.
Keepaliveforever.com is a website that will browse your website at regular intervals to ensure your site ASP.NET worker process does not shut down. In addition to simulating real visits to your site, KeepAliveForever also records your sites performance and can also alert you if your website goes down.
This video contains:
- Explanation of the ASP.NET worker process
- Registering on keepaliveforever.com
- Instructing the service to monitor your website
- Testing keepaliveforever can access your site
- How to view your site statistics
- How to interpret your site statistics