In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the DDR Menu by DNN Garden in your DotNetNuke skins.
The DDR Menu can be used in several ways, it can be simply dropped in as a direct upgrade replacement of the SolPart and DNN Nav Menus without having to recode all of your skin CSS.
The menu can use pre-built templates which provide a combination of jQuery and CSS menus. The DDR menu comes with a Treeview menu, Superfish menu, Accordion menu, Dropdown menu, Artisteer menu and a Mega-menu template.
It is also possible to build your own custom menu templates as well as add the menu to a page as a module or skin object.
This video contains:
- Creating a new skin to implement the DDR Treeview Menu
- Adding two new ‘register’ lines of code to your skin file to implement the treeview menu
- How to add the DDR menu Treeview control code into your skin file
- How and where to install the Treeview template into your DotNetNuke installation
- Demonstration of the 3 different places available to install DDR Menu templates
- Extracting and installing the Treeview template into the skin folder
- How to create a new page to test the Treeview DDR Menu
- Where to find the various animation options for Treeview
- Creating a new skin to implement the DDR Superfish Menu