In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the Advanced Login module by InteractiveWebs.
The Advanced Login module allows you to customize the look and feel over the login and user registration process. The module features a Facebook connector, jQuery Popup, Skin Login and Region data import tool.
A user can login with either their email address or username, it is possible to redirect a user when they login based on their security role or user profile or to a custom URL. You can control permit or deny access to the website by IP address and you can also redirect a user based on the IP address. A user can also recover their forgotten password details with either a username or email address.
Custom email messages can be created for failure and password recovery. Plus a simple URL can be sent in an email for the user to click and verify their user account details, making it a much simpler process than the default verification code method with DotNetNuke.
This video contains:
- Introduction to the features
- How to download the module
- How to install the Advanced Login module
- How to install the Facebook Authentication module
- How to setup and enable Facebook authentication in DotNetNuke
- How to create a facebook account and visit the developer area
- Creating a Facebook application
- Where to locate the Privacy and Terms links in DotNetNuke
- How to enter the Privacy and Terms URLs into the Facebook application
- Entering the Facebook core settings, Site URL
- Adding the Facebook application ID into the DotNetNuke Facebook authentication settings