In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the DNNBackup Module by Evotiva.
This module allows you to backup a DotNetNuke installation and restore it over the top of an existing installation or to another remote server.
It can be used for cloning, copying, moving or archival. This is a very useful module for moving from a local development server to a live deployment server. The module will also work on any ISP, including shared servers such as GoDaddy, WebHost4Life, DiscountASP and PowerDNN.
Backups can be set to run on a schedule and they can also be automatically saved to remote locations such as an FTP server, Amazon S3 or Rackspace CloudFiles.
When restoring a DotNetNuke site, DNNBackup can restore a site from scratch. It does not require DotNetNuke to be running in order to rebuild the site. A user-friendly wizard guides you through how to restore your website.
This video contains:
- How to configure the database backup settings
- Explanation of the database backup option
- Understanding the difference between the native and script database backup methods
- Overview of the script database backup method settings
- How to backup all database tables
- How to configure DNNBackup to not backup specific database tables
- Overview of the DNNBackup files backup settings
- How to configure DNNBackup to include or exclude specific folders from its files backup
- How to backup folders outside your DotNetNuke installation