In this tutorial we demonstrate how to use the DNNBackup Module by Evotiva.
This module allows you to backup a DotNetNuke installation and restore it over the top of an existing installation or to another remote server.
It can be used for cloning, copying, moving or archival. This is a very useful module for moving from a local development server to a live deployment server. The module will also work on any ISP, including shared servers such as GoDaddy, WebHost4Life, DiscountASP and PowerDNN.
Backups can be set to run on a schedule and they can also be automatically saved to remote locations such as an FTP server, Amazon S3 or Rackspace CloudFiles.
When restoring a DotNetNuke site, DNNBackup can restore a site from scratch. It does not require DotNetNuke to be running in order to rebuild the site. A user-friendly wizard guides you through how to restore your website.
This video contains:
- Downloading the DNNBackup module and restore pack and documentation
- How to install the DNNBackup module
- How to create a new page and only allow access to a host user
- Adding the DNNBackup module to a page
- How to remove the DNNBackup module from the Add Module drop down list
- Viewing license details and how to upload a license key to your installation
- Overview of the DNNBackup homepage