In this tutorial I will walk you through how to build an Apple style menu and sub menu for your DNN theme.
We will take a mobile-first approach to building this smart, responsive menu, and I’ll demonstrate how to employ jQuery to apply the various effects such as the sticky sub menu, and the slide down mobile menu.
This tutorial is aimed at intermediate level DNN theme developers, and you should know how to access your DNN file system inside a code editor and be able to understand the basics of CSS and HTML syntax.
This video contains:
- Styling the sub menu
- Centering elements using absolute positioning and translateX
- Setting up the transform rotate animation
- Styling and placing the sub menu items
- Targeting the first and last menu items
- How to animate the sub menu with max-height transitions
- Hiding and revealing the sub menu with jQuery