In this tutorial learn about structured data, and how we can implement the schema.org vocabulary in our DNN site markup.
For this demonstration, we’ll be developing an events listings 2sxc App to display a list of events with structured markup injected with schema.org microdata.
For those of you that don’t already know, structured data is information formatted in a way that can be universally understood, this allows search engines to easily understand exactly what our content is about, in turn, allowing them to present more useful search results to searchers.
Schema.org in particular has been developed by all the major search engines as the industry standard markup vocabulary.
This video contains:
- Introduction to structured data
- What is Schema.org?
- Example of structured data on display in Google search results
- How can we implement structured data in DNN?
- Installing 2sxc
- Creating a 2sxc app
- Creating the events content type
- How to add fields to 2sxc