In this tutorial we will walk you through step by step how to create a responsive skin for DotNetNuke 7 using the Twitter Bootstrap framework.
Bootstrap offers several powerful tools that can be a huge advantage to a DotNetNuke skin developer.
Some of these include:
- Various layout options: Bootstrap allows us to work with a variety of layout options such as the grid system, this grid system allows us to create pane layouts extremely quickly
- Default modern text and button styles
This tutorial will give you a solid template for creating your bootstrap based skins and containers. You will also learn some new techniques such as file inclusion using the new client resource management features.
This video contains:
- Downloading Bootstrap
- Unzipping the Bootstrap files into the DotNetNuke file system
- Accessing the DotNetNuke file system with Visual Studio Express for Web
- Creating the default skin file
- Creating a ‘barebones’ DotNetNuke skin
- Introduction to Client Resource Management
- How to implement client resource management within a skin
- Introduction to the viewport meta tag
- Implementing the viewport meta tag from within a skin
- How to create the Bootstrap container