In this tutorial we walk you through step by step how to install DotNetNuke 7 to Windows 7.
This tutorial is the first in a DotNetNuke 7 training series where we will show you how to perform a local installation, backup your entire website and then transfer it to a live server.
There are several methods of installing DotNetNuke, but unfortunately, the two simplest methods of installation, the Web application installer and the web matrix installer will also cause us problems whilst backing up and transferring our website to a live server, these two methods use tools that are not available on hosted servers, they hide some of the installation options and, when things go wrong, it is difficult to diagnose and repair the problems.
For this reason we recommend that you use the install package method to install DotNetNuke 7 on your Windows 7 PC.
The installation will be in four main parts:
- Part 1: Preparing the web server. (IIS 7)
- Part 2: How to set up the database server and database. (MS SQL Server Express 2008 r2)
- Part 3: Setting up the website directory for installation.
- Part 4: Installing DotNetNuke 7.
This video contains:
- How to find the latest version of the DotNetNuke install package
- How and where to extract the installation files
- How to set file permissions for DotNetNuke
- Setting up the default application pool in IIS
- Converting DotNetNuke into an application