In this tutorial we will walk you through step by step how to create a responsive skin for DotNetNuke 7 using the Twitter Bootstrap framework.
Bootstrap offers several powerful tools that can be a huge advantage to a DotNetNuke skin developer.
Some of these include:
- Various layout options: Bootstrap allows us to work with a variety of layout options such as the grid system, this grid system allows us to create pane layouts extremely quickly
- Default modern text and button styles
This tutorial will give you a solid template for creating your bootstrap based skins and containers. You will also learn some new techniques such as file inclusion using the new client resource management features.
This video contains:
- Introduction to the 12 column Bootstrap grid system
- Introduction to the Bootstrap Row
- How to create an instant two column layout
- How to creature a feature content or banner pane
- Creating three equally spaced columns
- Creating four equally spaced columns
- How to create the ‘Hero Unit’ Container
- Creating a Hero Unit Container with no title
- Creating the ‘Well’ container