In this tutorial learn about structured data, and how we can implement the schema.org vocabulary in our DNN site markup.
For this demonstration, we’ll be developing an events listings 2sxc App to display a list of events with structured markup injected with schema.org microdata.
For those of you that don’t already know, structured data is information formatted in a way that can be universally understood, this allows search engines to easily understand exactly what our content is about, in turn, allowing them to present more useful search results to searchers.
Schema.org in particular has been developed by all the major search engines as the industry standard markup vocabulary.
This video contains:
- How to create new fields for a 2sxc content type
- Choosing which structured data fields to collect
- Picking a 2sxc data type
- How to change the field static name
- How to configure the date time picker
- Setting up a 2sxc template
- Creating your first event record