In this tutorial I will walk you through how to build an Apple style menu and sub menu for your DNN theme.
We will take a mobile-first approach to building this smart, responsive menu, and I’ll demonstrate how to employ jQuery to apply the various effects such as the sticky sub menu, and the slide down mobile menu.
This tutorial is aimed at intermediate level DNN theme developers, and you should know how to access your DNN file system inside a code editor and be able to understand the basics of CSS and HTML syntax.
This video contains:
- Page structure
- Applying the starter theme
- Overview of theme files
- Menu system markup
- Overview of skin.css file
- How to make the menu items horizontal
- Flexbox CSS
- How to set the background and link colour
- Setting padding
- Creating the hover effect